This plugin creates a database dump and a zipped backup of all non-core plugins, your site theme, your media files and system logs, and finally, export backups to Dropbox.
This plugin is under development! Use it at your own risk!
- e107 CMS v2
- BenExile's Dropbox REST API library
- Dropbox account
How to install?
- Download BenExile's Dropbox REST API library from here
- Unzip the downloaded file, and copy "Dropbox" folder into "e107_web/lib/dropbox/" folder
- Install Backup to Dropbox (backup_dropbox) plugin
- Follow the Further instructions or the instructions on e107_plugins/backup_dropbox/admin_config.php page
In order to use your Dropbox account as a Backup destination, you must create a Dropbox App and obtain your app credentials.
- Create a Dropbox App by logging into your Dropbox account and going to here and clicking the button to Create an app. Be sure to give your app a descriptive name, as the name you give it will be part of the path within your Dropbox folder. For example, if you create an app called kittens, then Dropbox will create a Dropbox/Apps/kittens directory in your Dropbox folder.
- Once the app is created, take note of your app's App key and App secret and enter both of them below.
- You may also enter a path that will be used inside your app's folder. For example, if you enter fluffy/white as your path, then backups will be placed in the Dropbox/Apps/kittens/fluffy/white/ directory.
- Enter a 32-charater encryption key. Just click on the Generate button.
- Go to Account Info to connect your Dropbox account.
- Enable Backup to Dropbox task on the Schedule Tasks page.
Questions about this project?
Please feel free to report any bug found. Pull requests, issues, and plugin recommendations are more than welcome!
Donate with PayPal
If you think this plugin is useful and saves you a lot of work, a lot of costs (PHP developers are expensive) and let you sleep much better, then donating a small amount would be very cool.
Support on Beerpay
Hey dude! Help me out for a couple of :beers:!